The 2017 Night Before New Year’s Eve was a raging success! What made it a success? Everyone who attended the event and all those who have worked so hard to bring the Party together made it a great night.
The event took place at the local restaurant Warehouse 23, who together with local developer Clyde Holland, were cosponsors. It was emceed by CCRP’s very own State Committee Woman Stacie Jesser.
Several of our elected legislators addressed the gathering starting with Congresswoman Jaime Herrera Beutler. The Congresswoman gave a briefing on her efforts in Washington D.C. and noted how wonderful it was to see such a mix of both new and old faces united together to support the party and our elected officials. Representatives Brandon Vick and Vicki Kraft also addressed the crowd, giving updates on their work in Olympia this past year and what they see coming in the new year.
Finally, Senator Ann Rivers, Senator LyndaWilson and Representative Paul Harris chaired a small panel that discussed many of the issues that our legislators faced this past year and the challenges that lie ahead. The panelists also took time to thank the party Chairman and his leadership team for their efforts to bring people together and point the Party in a positive direction going into the 2018 election year cycle.
Reflecting on the event Chairman David Gellatly said, “A lot of folks gave a lot of time to get us to where we are today. I am thankful to be on such a great and positive team of folks who are making Clark County great!”
The complete set of numbers are not yet in for the evening, but more than $20k was raised in just a few short hours.
We want to send special thanks out to all our elected officials who took time out of their busy schedules to attend and support the Party.
- Congresswoman Jaime Herrera Beutler
- State Senator Lynda Wilson
- State Senator Ann Rivers
- State Representative Paul Harris
- State Representative Brandon Vick
- State Representative Vicki Kraft
- Clark County Council Chair Marc Boldt
- Clark County Councilor Julie Olson
- Clark county Councilor Jeanne Stewart
- City of Vancouver Councilor Bill Turlay
- Clark Public Utilities Commissioner Nancy Barns
- City of Washougal Councilor Brent Boger
- Former City of Washougal Councilor Jennifer McDaniel
- Former Battle Ground School Board member Stephanie McClintock